Weeknight dinners don’t get any better than this 30 minute meal that uses just five ingredients to make a delicious main dish everyone in the family will happily devour.
Does anyone else ever feel like cooking for toddlers is like playing roulette? Even if your child liked something yesterday, there’s no guarantee he will like it today. Sometimes I know when I make dinner that there is a good chance my kids won’t love it. That’s okay. I want to expand their horizons. But, there’s nothing worse at the end of the day than having my kids turn up their noses at a meal that I’ve worked hard to make and legitimately thought they would like.
I’m happy to report, however, that I’ve NEVER had that problem with the recipe I’m sharing today. Both of my boys absolutely love this super simple meal, and Little Man regularly requests it. Tonight, when I told him what was on the menu, he declared, “That’s my favorite!” He then proceeded to eat two whole sloppy joes, and Little Brother downed his entire sandwich, too. Hooray for feeling like a good mom…even if only for five minutes.
The other thing I love about this meal is that it is so easy to make. It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish (even if you have to thaw the meat), and it only has five super-basic ingredients.
Easy BBQ Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef and diced onion in a large pan. Drain extra grease.
- Add tomato sauce and BBQ sauce to the pan and cook until warmed through and thickened to your desired consistency (about 6-8 minutes).
- Serve on hamburger buns with your favorite sides. We often eat our sloppy joes with sweet potato fries and a green salad.
If you like this recipe, try some of our other favorite easy weeknight meals:
- Aardvark Pies
- Easy Chicken & Dumpling Soup
- Mexican Casserole
- Easy Meals for When You Don’t Feel Like Cooking
- Simple Meal Planning for Busy Moms (with printable planner!)